Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fruit salad with a twist

Eating fruits on a daily basis is good habit for everybody no matter whether they are trying to lose weight, maintain or just for a healthy living. To get the recommended amount, most people need to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables they currently eat every day. Fruits and vegetables contain essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber that may protect you from chronic diseases. Compared with people who consume a diet with only small amounts of fruits and vegetables, those who eat more generous amounts as part of a healthful diet are likely to have reduced risk of chronic diseases, including stroke and perhaps other cardiovascular diseases, and certain cancers. Fruits and vegetables are a natural source of energy and give the body many nutrients you need to keep going.

You can check the calaorie count of many fruits using the below link:
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/browse/0900.html

However, can you believe that a 100gm of Apple is contains 47 kcal, grapes 60 kcal, orange 37 kcal etc? Hmm! Lets make use of all that and make a fruit salad with a twist!!


Ingredients:
100 gms Apple
75 gms Guavas
70 gms Grapes
1 Sweet lime
Orange50 gms
Cottage Cheese/ Paneer - (made from skimmed milk)
1 small bunch Pudina Leaves
1 tblsp Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper To Taste

Method
Clean and wash mint leaves. Grind the mint leaves with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cut paneer into small cubes and dress it with mint paste. Keep aside. Peel, clean and segment the orange. Clean and wash grapes. Wash guava and apple and cut into small cubes. Mix the fruits and paneer together. Serve chilled.

You can also add a bit of Chat masala!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can try this for sure. I love fruits in all forms and this seems quiet simple. I will get paneer and pudina leaves today eve and try this. Will post the results after that;-)

Unknown said...

As promised! I made it today. I picked up some pathetic looking Pudina leaves since that is what I could find. However, end result was very nice! I added a banana too, thought it may have added more calories:-)

Deepa said...

Thanks Diya. What counts finally is whether this appealed to your tastebuds! I guess it did and that is what makes me smile.

Ammu said...

I was wondering what to eat for dinner. Landed on this! Do I need to tell you that I made this with whatever fruits I found in my house and it was really nice.