Thursday, January 11, 2007

Low Fat Tuna Salad

I love fish and cant live without it for long. Below is a low fat salad cum sandwich you can try.


2 cans tuna fish
1/2 or more red onions chopped
1 large stalk celery chopped
2 fresh tomatoes cut up in pieces
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp. basil leaf ( fresh or dried)
1/8 tsp. black pepper
4 Whole Pita Bread

Dressing - 1 Table spoon olive oil
2 to 3 tbsp. wine vinegar

Mix all ingredients and add salad dressing. Chill. Serve in Pita Bread

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought you make it more elaborate... Am I right?

Deepa said...

Ya... You are right! I normally add grated carrot, cabbage, Capsicum and even mushrooms. The more veggies, the better right? You can add everything you like. Some may need lil microwaving though.
You can use whole wheat bread instead of Pita bread... I sometimes take this to office as lunch... Just 2 slices of bread and a lot of filling... Quiet filling...

Robs said...

Nice to see that you are writing on all your passions... May be I can try this one.